Linked Events

• Chocolate Fest: February 10, 2013

Author Topic: Chocolate Fest Is In the Air!  (Read 1308 times)

Georgiana Deane

Chocolate Fest Is In the Air!
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »
Great news, everyone (especially for those guys in the group)!  Mountain Miatas has taken the work out of Valentine's Day for you!

Sally Morgan has graciously consented to host again our annual Chocolate Fest, on Sunday, February 10th, from 2-4 p.m.  For those of you who are new to the club or have not attended in the past, this is a date not to miss.  This is almost as big as Christmas on our calendar! 

Chocolate Fest was originated in February of 2009 as a way to break up the winter blues and get everyone together for a deliciously good time.  Over the past few years, it has evolved into one of our favorite and most well attended events.  Even past members still come and join us in the fun!  Even if you don't care for chocolate, you will certainly enjoy the company of your fellow members.  Trust me, this is not to be missed.

You all know how much we like to eat.  Chocolate is one of our favorite foods and at this activity, you will find almost every type of the item known to man.  I think the only thing that hasn't shown up is chocolate covered insects and I do not encourage that!  Last year, Pam Yarnell's chocolate dipped kumquats were a huge hit, we hope they will be making a return this year, as Pat Flanagan's hand dipped strawberries and Sally Morgan's orange chocolate cake.  We might even have a committee of judges and award a prize to the best of the best, hostess included.  She is known for her baking prowess.

Seriously, if baking or candy making is not your thing, go by the local chocolatier, (several in Turkey Creek and West Knoxvillle) and pick up a sampling.  Or bring some good fresh fruit, crackers, wine or coffee.  And do not forget your "Glad" tubs to take home goodies in.  I remember from the last time Sally hosted, she specifically requested NO leftovers!  Everyone gets to take some home.  So guys, and gals, get ready and plan a romantic afternoon with your honey cozied up in the Miata on a journey to Sally's wonderful new home to enjoy the fruits of the season.  I guarantee you, there is not another event like this one.  We may even have to call in a couple of favors from the paramedics in case someone overdoses on all the sweets.  Recipes for goodies are highly encouraged to be shared on the forum.  Perhaps we can even encourage and request a command performance from our favorite Canadian baker, Cheryl Hering, for her infamous Nanaimo bars.  They definitely have chocolate as an ingredient.

Not to scare anyone off, but if you are from the South, you know what I mean when I say "Church Supper."  O.K. gang, this is one of those.  Bring out your best, even if you don't personally make it.  For those in need of a little inspiration, Pinterest is loaded with things, or just give me a call.  I always have resources and ideas for these type of things.  Prizes will be awarded for best of Chocolate Fest and presentation of product.  That opens it up to everyone.  You can even make a pound of coffee or a bottle of wine look good for this!

Enough of the rain and the flooding.  We are in the middle of January already and looking forward to warm weather and curvy roads.  Lets get out in force and celebrate together.  What better way to romance your sweetheart or share with a special group of friends the warm feelings of the season?

More to be posted, including specific directions from Sally.  See you there!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:34:51 PM by Webmaster »
Georgiana Deane
"Lady Blue"

Wendy Havlock

• 2012 MX-5 SE PRHT Velocity Red Mica
Re: Chocolate Fest Is In the Air!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
Scott and Wendy are looking forward to this great event again! Could somebody please add this event to the calendar? Appreciate it!

Bill Polfus

• Never zoom faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Number 2 Daughter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
Hay - don't know if I'll bake but I'm definitly brewing something up - I just bottled at Chocolate Raspberry Port and a Chocolate Orange Port so I'll have some early samples for people to taste. ;)
Bill Polfus ;-)
2015 Soul Red 25th Anniversary SE

Fred E

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »
I would like to attend.  I will bring some of Debbie's recipe Chocolate M&M cookies.
Fred
Fred and Little Redbird
2006 MX5 Sport, Bilstein PSS10

theRzRpanda

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Alright, I'm in. I'll see if I can make my chocolate covered lady fingers!

John Hering

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »
I'm in.  I'll volunteer to be the official tester of Bill's chocolate wine.  See how I'm always so willing to take one for the team?  :)

Oh yes, and by popular demand, Cheryl will be bringing her world famous Nanaimo Bars.
JTH
2011 Dolphin Gray SE

Duke Hudson

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
as a reformed choc o holic i can't wait. debbie and i are in.
2006 Galaxy Grey

Kim Martin

• Running the dragon
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 09:44:30 PM »
Can someone send me  the address for the Chocolate  Fest please?  :-X

Thanks
Kim

Joyce Frey

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »
Ernie and I are in.   I've got a bottle of red/chocolate wine already chilled and Ernie is still deciding on what to make.  But, whatever it is, it's sure to be tasty.
Joyce and Ernie Frey
2003 Shinsen #1416 "Gracie"

Georgiana Deane

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
Sally has sent out address and contact information for tomorrow's Chocolate Fest.  This has historically been one of our best attended events of the year.  We hope to see all of the old members and lots of new ones there.  What a great time to kick off the driving season with such good food and festivities.

There will be prizes awarded for Best of Chocolate and Best Presentation.  The decision will be made at the event by the attendees.  Bring out your most special delights and share with everyone.

See you tomorrow!

Georgiana
Georgiana Deane
"Lady Blue"

Philip Hart

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
Hi All

Considering that parking may be an issue, would anyone like to carpool? I live in nw Knoxville and would be happy to pick up anyone along the way. I may not get responses on here so just drop me a line at gixerphil@yahoo.com or ring me at 86 3 (yes 3)-258-3426. For folks coming from other directions, we could meet in the mall parking lot and drive over from there...?
Philip Hart
1994 Black NA Miata
Tinker Toy

theRzRpanda

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 10:09:09 AM »
Hey guys, I don't know if the information has been spread yet, but my email is acting funny... can someone Text or PM the address to me? 865-274-7784

John Hering

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
Message sent!   See you there.
JTH
2011 Dolphin Gray SE

Duke Hudson

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
what a great time. i think i'll be sick for a week. thanks to sally and georgiana for putting this together. it was great seeing everyone. can't wait for driving season.
2006 Galaxy Grey

Michael Ohl

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
it was fun today. thank you Sally for the invitation.