Linked Events

• Chocolate Fest Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 4PM to 6 PM: February 12, 2011

Chocolate Fest Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 4PM to 6 PM

• 11 Replies

admin

« on: February 02, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »

2nd annual Chocolate Fest, celebrating the spirit of Valentine's Day. Join us with your choice of chocolate at Sally Morgan's home. Details to follow.

John Hering

Re: Chocolate Fest Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 4PM to 6 PM
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »
Nanaimo Bars......
JTH
2011 Dolphin Gray SE

Sally Morgan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:16:08 PM »
DETAILS FOR CHOCOLATE FEST!!!

CHOCOLATE FEST - Saturday, February 12 - 4 PM-6 PM - At Sally Morgan's House
        PLEASE RSVP BY Wednesday, Feb 9 so we can plan for everyone!

In celebration of Valentine's Day, here's a great way to not only celebrate with friends, but to also share something special with your someone special!

Join us all and bring with you a special selection of chocolates to share and a bottle of wine or something tasty to go along with the chocolates.  We can enjoy the company and enjoy the treats.  Plan to take a little assortment home with you to enjoy later perhaps in front of your own fireplace for your own valentine celebration!

RSVP to mountainmiatas@yahoo.com or call Sally at 443-812-8381
The address is 1943 Victoria Lane, Alcoa. 

Coming from Topside Road, Go right off Pellissippi or Alcoa Highways.  Turn left at the deadend at Louisville Road.  Go 2.2 miles and turn right on Glory Road.  (There is a small white sign painted with tulips - Victoria Gardens at the entrance)  Turn left on Victoria Lane and follow to the of the court.  When you see the Valentine Heart Balloons, you've reached the spot!

From Alcoa Highway traveling south, take the W. Hunt Road exit just past the airport.  Turn left just after taking the exit.  Follow W. Hunt to the deadend on Louisville.  Turn right and go about 1/4 mile to left onto Glory.  Then follow the italicized directions.

From Alcoa Highway traveling north, go left on Louisville Road (at the Walmart) and follow Louisville Road through the two Hunt Road lights.  Go another 1/4 mile to left on Glory Road and follow the italicized directions.
Sally Morgan
White 96 Miata

Georgiana Deane

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:24:36 AM »
Having been the grateful recipient of Cheryl Herring's Nanaimo bars, I can tell you to come to Chocolate Fest just to taste these!  And to experience Sally's wonderful hospitality.  Although from Maryland, she knows how to turn on the Southern charm when entertaining.

To those who plan to attend, you may want to bring a couple of the plastic containers with you to take home some of the shared offerings.  I know last year we had a lot of goodies to share and everyone wanted to partake.

Even if you don't like chocolate, come and join us for this special event, kicking off our new year in Mountian Miatas.

See you there,
Georgiana

Pat Flanagan

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
We  plan to attend with some 'SWEET" chocolate and some wine. Lookin forward to seeing everyone after the successful meeting last month. Teresa & Pat F
Pat Flanagan
Our 5th Miata
2006 GT - Galaxy Gray

Sally Morgan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »
Really excited about the turnout expected for Saturday's event.  We are nearly at 20 people!!!  If anyone else has not rsvp'd to say they will be here 4-6 please send an email to mountainmiatas@yahoo.com as soon as possible so we can be sure everyone is accommodated.  This will be a fun tasting and chatter.

Sally
Sally Morgan
White 96 Miata

Georgiana Deane

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
I hope everyone else is as excited and ready for the chocolate as I am.  I've been hearing of some of the treats being offered.  Just put it this way, you really need to be there.  Of course, we may need to call the paramedics to treat all of the sugar shock.  Be ready to eat and drink chocolate!

Georgiana Deane

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »
Just had to share our gluttony with everyone.  If you couldn't be there, we're sorry you missed a FUN time.  We had so many varieties of chocolate and wines to taste.  Everyone wanted to stay and talk, so we went a little over our scheduled time at Sally's.

Much appreciation to her for hosting this event.  We got to know some of the new members and renewed friendships with some of the old ones.  All while on a chocolate overload.

One of the neat things was no one brought the same thing, except for a wonderful red wine.  Don't worry, we will soon have topics for wine and spirit recommendations and recipes.  This may seem weird to some die hard Miata enthusiasts, but what the heck, we love our food and beverages.  Part of our enjoyment is learning about new foods and drinks.  Feel free to jump in and share.

John Hering

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
Thanks so much Sally, for hosting Chocolate Fest!  It was a great time.  And thanks to all the club members for the fabulous selection of chocolate delights.  Everything was wonderful!

As we drove home, we caught up to a minivan on Northshore and we could see their video screen flickering away.  I said to Cheryl, let's see if we can tell what they're watching.  I was just kidding, but we could actually see that they were watching the movie, Cars!  Couldn't tell if Mia and Tia were in any of the scenes!
JTH
2011 Dolphin Gray SE

Sally Morgan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
how much fun was that!!  Somehow everyone seemed quite happy squeezing into my little house - the conversation was non-stop and spirited, the chocolate selections were outrageously delicious - my scale is NOT going to thank you -looks like extra Jazzercise classes are in my future.  Thanks so much for everyone making this such a fun event!!!

Sally
Sally Morgan
White 96 Miata

John Kernodle

• Kernodle.Photography
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 11:38:41 PM »
Carrie and I very much enjoyed our first Club event; including the good conversation, good chocolate, good wine, and getting to know everyone. 

Fred and I got to talking about Road Atlanta and the '82 Can Am that was won by Al Unser, Jr. as his first win in a "major" series.  I got home and remembered that I had an image I shot of little Al and a very pregnant Shelly posing with his trophy after the race (attached).  In the photo of Al and Shelly, she is looking at her engagement/wedding ring.  Every time I look at the image, I see her as thinking "Have I caught the gravy train or what?"  Indeed she had and she had a good run before it ran off the track.
John Kernodle
2010 Sport
"The Black Rose of Route 66"

Pat Flanagan

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »
It was great to see a good turnout for the Chocolate fest....and the "food" was very creative, but sort of addictive. My scale must be off....Great job Sally, thank you...Teresa & Pat
Pat Flanagan
Our 5th Miata
2006 GT - Galaxy Gray