Linked Events

• MONTHLY MEETING - Calhouns, Maryville: February 23, 2015

MM MONTHLY MEETING - February 23

• 20 Replies

Lee Nolan

• Global Moderator
Re: MM MONTHLY MEETING - February 23
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:35 AM »
Sorry the weather nearly did you in and sorry to see you go. Maybe a club member can help you find a good home for your Miata before you leave. Hope the FL roads won't be too boring after TN.
Lee Nolan
2014 Black Club Edition PRHT

dreamcatcher40f

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 10:41:08 AM »
Thanks Lee! I am asking 4500.00.OBO. I think that is a good price.

Melanie

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »
Hey Kim.  I'm sorry you've been sick, and you know that I will miss you here at MM.  We've had some good talks and some good laughs.  I hope things will be better and easier for you in Florida.  I hope that you'll be able to sell your car quickly and get you another one once you're settled in Florida.  What part are you moving to?

dreamcatcher40f

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
Mel, I wasn't sick, I almost froze to death. I laid here 17 hours, with 16 degree weather! I am moving close to Lakeland!

dreamcatcher40f

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »
I didn't mention I was out of Power during this time! WE were out for 4 days! I tried to hang in there with no heat. Just almost died trying!  :o

Melanie

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
That's even worse!  Why didn't you call somebody and go to their house, silly girl?  We have two extra bedrooms, and you would have been welcome to one.  There were just so many people out of power at once.  Even my twin sister and her husband were, but they live in the boonies in Townsend and couldn't get to our house with the roads so bad.  They ended up sleeping in front of their fireplace all night. 

I don't know if anybody else heard the strange booms during that time.  They sounded like something hitting the house and were quite loud.  Our neighbor also heard them.  Turns out they were "Frost Quakes".  Harmless, but startling to the homeowners who think something's about to fall on your home.  One scared me awake one night.  I'm ready for spring.